Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

Ben Doerr or something else??

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Main forum, but upon reflection I really should have put it here.

In a previous thread ( http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547...ML/019204.html ) we discussed the difference between the Abu 6500 and 7500. I staded that I was going to make my decision of which to purchase when I received word back on my broken 8'6" Ben Doerr rod that was sent to St. Croix for repair. I had asked them rather than repairing the rod, what it would take to upgrade it to the 10' model.

The cost for repair was to be $58.00. Unfortunately the gentleman in customer service made an error based on the age of the rod, it's 7 or 8 years old and can't be repaired only replaced The correct price for replacement turns out to be $90.00. To upgrade to the 10' would cost me $112.00.

I haven't purchased a new rod in many years (obviouslyicon15.gif) and was wondering if there was another rod in the same class and category that I could pick up locally in the same price range? It'll be used for casting 3 to 5 oz. wood plugs at the Rip and chucking clams with either the Abu 6500 or 7500.

Or should I take them up on the 10'er for $112???

The other option is to build it myself but everytime I price components I end up waaay over budget.

------------------

"Any time a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life." - Rancid Crabtree