Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

NY NERDs Thread Art Classes

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I think its nice of you to offer these classes Billy 40. Its also nice you are inviting people from SOL to attend. I wish i could make one of them.

I think it would be more politically correct if you copied and pasted the text from the post here rather than posting a link to Visualwrap.com.

I cleared links to that specific board with Tim a while back. It's easier to make a post in one spot & update 1 thread, then link to it from 4 other boards, then to update 4 seperate boards.

What a great time I had yesterday. 3 guys showed up, Seane, Mark & PeterO, and from 2-10PM we were chit hcatting away about everything. I think they each learned quite a bit about THread Art, as well as a lot of other rod building aspects. I myself learned more about Tuna in one day than I had in 5 years. lol.

And as usual, there is another Madiera convert. Gotta love it.

This Saturday's class has 1 opening, and the next weekend is open.

Summary of Events

Thanks to all who were able to attend, I had a great time and am looking foward to seeing the wraps you guys come up with in your next few rods.

Madeira order will be placed the second week of February. I was 3 for 3 poisoning guys yesterday, lol. I will also be ordering the Thread Tool I use & Doublestick tape from C&G, provided he still stocks the tape.

Thanks again Billy for opening your shop to us and for taking the time to explain how you set up a wrap. I learned alot and appreciate it. If you could, add a roll of tape to my order.

Thanks

Mike

The guys who already showed up and expressed interest in the tape - I'm getting you guys some, as well as the thinner Thread Tool - unless you want a thicker one as well. Will deliever it with Madeira

Had a great time at Billy's on Saturday. He spent most of his day demonstraing different techniques and explaining how and why to do things. A really outstanding class. Thanks Billy!!!!

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Aw crap. I can't do the 22nd - I forgot to knock it off of the list. My Son has a Baseball clinic to go to at his school. I'm gonna do this again, just not anytime soon, as I've got a LOT of things coming up and I have rods to do for myself. When my schedule frees up I'll do this again.

Rich - Brownie's are awsome, as are the cookies (need to Microwave them sinc eI left them out, still great!) Graham cracker Pudding cake from Mike's wife has made a taste breakfast and desert for 2 straight days,lol.

Glad you enjoyed the class, and got something out of it.

Aw crap. I can't do the 22nd - I forgot to knock it off of the list.

I can't believe I missed all the the threads on these get-to-gethers.

Sundays out for me - If I even hint that I won't be around for football Sunday my wife would kill me. Then again for Elke's empanadas I might risk a maiming.

I can't believe I missed all the the threads on these get-to-gethers.

Well, part of that is my fault and not having the internet at work. I have the macr e-mail address & each time I send out the group e-mail it gets bounced back to me. I've been meaning to ask you, but when I get home that's teh last thing on my mind (obviously, since I never asked you). Please e-mail me at vivonab@colsonservices. so I can update my "recrods".