Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wahooboy3000

Price for Guides

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

It's been a number of years since I have built a rod, but I bought some blanks & I want to crank one or two out over the next couple of weeks.

My question is, where can I get the lowest price for silicone carbide guides, either store front or mail order.

Thanks

Mudhole or

less expensive faster service especially if your in the Nrotheast there on Long Island

No commercial links please

Saltheart

[ 10-10-2005, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Saltheart ]

I priced out most handle and guide components about 30 cents per cheaper at **********.com as opposed to mudhole. Doesn't sound like a lot but it can add up if you are doing multiple rods.

Well,

You now know two of the most expensive places to get guides... Donart doesn't really carry Fuji since they say they are too expensive.

Custom Tackle Supply has good prices and lots of inventory.

Go Fuji all the way!!! smile.gif

Just a suggestion and please don't hate me for bashing hardalloy...

Fuji Alconites are only slightly more expensive and have the same frame material as the Sic. The rings are also less susceptible to damage from impact trauma.

I was sort of surprised Fuji did not discontinue Hardalloy in leiu of Alconites.

No offense CD, but the Alconites cost a lot more $.

For example BMNAG-30 $6.85 and the BSVLG 30 $2.75 = that translates into 2.5 X more $. frown.gif I priced some of the smaller sizes and the Alconites were three times as much.

For some one starting out, it is more economical to use the Fuji Hardloy.

May be I am just lucky or just don't fish enough, but I have never cracked a ring on a guide in my life. Recently I popped out a Pacbay off a St Croix Premier surf spinner because of the dinky Spro swivel I was using. I just superglued it back in until I feel like repairing it over the winter. wink.gif

The only guides I ever remember grooving over time where the old style ceramic tips using skinny mono.