Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sportyguy33

Spinning Guides For Breakaway 1145-2

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Lots of choices there...Alconites, Hardaloys, maybe 40-30-then single foot 20-16-12-with a sic12 tip-test cast with a 40 stripper and the choice is yours from there,

Bang for buck I like the Alconites maybe 40,25,20,16,12 tip - 30,20,16,12,10,tip all kinds of options here especially using braid. It lets go lighter and smaller. Experiment. If you want to go singles then I would go with double foot high frame stripper than singles. The alconites don';t work that well for that combo because they are concept. Use hardloy, sic.

Would a Fuji BMNAG 30 be high enough for the Stripper Guide using either a 6500 Nautil or

4000 Capricorn Reel? What are the pluses to

using the Fuji SIC high frame Surf Guides

BTW what is the Model desigination for the

Fuji High frame Surf Guides

If you are using spectra (powerpro,izor,whatever) then start with a 30 if you want, if mono is going on then you may consider to start with a 40. I prefer the smallest and least aamount of guides as possible in theory esp. with a spinning rod. The alconites are BMNAG and the hardloy high frames are BSVLG-double foot and BLVLG-single. For SIC they are as follow SVSG-double, LVSG-single. Hope this helps. For spacing I say "what looks good is close" for a trained eye. With spectra you can really push the stripper up far on the blank. Keep the last guide at least 6" to the tip and work down from there making each gap between the guides bigger.I usually have the stripper at 28-32" from reel seat.