Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassAssasin

Al, I need Help.

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Al, I have a friend who is able to get St.Croix blanks at a very reasonable price. Does St. Croix make a blank that is the equivalent of the Allstar 1088 or Sabre 1087? What about the equivalent or similar to the Lami XS 120 1L? Obviously they won't be exact but the next 2 rods I am building are going to be a Spinning on the Lami and a conventional on either the Sabre or Allstar. Just wondering if St. Croix had any blanks comparable as I would stand to save many dollars. If this is the case would you please provide the numbers of the blanks you feel are comparable. Thanks alot Al.

Bass,

I just checked my catalogs and the equivalent blanks in St. Croix appear to be the following, however, I have no experience building on them so maybe some other SOL members can add some info:

3S94M - 9ft. 4 inches

3S100M - 10 foot

Both blanks have a wholesale price within a few dollars of the Allstar.

Bass,

Both blanks are rated up to 20 LB test and 3 ounces casting. Like I said earlier, I was comparing specs out of the catalogs since I have no experience with St. Croix blanks.

I am a Lami user for my surf rod applications. The added cost and the higher quality of the Lamiglas products has proven themselves over alot of years.

Al