Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeteD

Sanding Grit

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Ed - does that stuff get loose after a few grips, or is the adhesive "sticky" enough to last a lifetime (or just a long time?)

CLemens used to have it in 2 grits, I'm sure if you looked under Cutting Abrasives in the Yellow Pages you could find it much cheaper and in greater quantity and share it with the rest of us.

Billy,

The stuff I bought didn't have any sticky stuff on the back. I just coated the piece of blank with 5-minute epoxy and wrapped some on.

I was using a rat-tailed file before I got the blank pieces and the abrasive. I wrapped 4 up in various diameters, and I’ll tell ya, it takes less than 5 minutes to do what used to take 15 or 20 smile.gif . I’m doing it by hand now too, with the file I was using a drill eek.gif

I’ve reamed the cork for 3 rods with them and they are showing no signs of wear at all, so I’d guess they will last quite a while for me.

Thanks Ed. I do most of m reaming on my lathe, and it still takes a while. Is that just a regular 1 inch wide piece of sandpaper used on for a belt grinder/sander? I'm always looking for a way to spend more money, especially if it is worth it.

Ed

Thanks. It looks good, but I really need the grit it self. I have to sand out between the blank and the cork for an extended grip which goes up into the cork. I'm trying to fix a mistake.