Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nano

rainshadow 1502F

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

anybody here has any experience with rainshadow 1502F? the designation "2" seems to indicate low power but the line weight is 30-50# and lure weight 4-10 oz, pretty close to their 1509 heaver, but the tip for 1502 is thicker.

Well, it does look like a Lami 1502MH except Lami rates theirs 6-16 oz while rainshadow rates theirs 4-10 oz (sounds more realistic).

Frankly, I am all confused about who makes what. Rainshadow 1509 is basically Breakaway (all star)1509. Now their 1502 is Lami 1502. But Rainshadow blank is supposed to be made by Cascade composites, and do they also make All star and Lami blanks? (or just copy cats).

Has anyone ever thrown the rainshadow 1502 that has also thrown the lami 1502mh or the 1442mh for that matter?

What is the finish on the Rainshadow? Glossy or Matte?

I'm giving the rainshadow 1502 some thought as i need to build another drum rod. Or, is it I want to build another?

BTW the lami won't throw 16.

Ther were a few models that were in Rainshadows original SUR series that had some very familiar model numbers and specs. The 1502, 1418, 1509 and a few others.

Jack,

You won't distinguish one rod from another by the finish, that's easy to change. You gotta ask yourself, why a company would manufacture the same model number with the exact same specs??? GOod guess, they didn't make it, just bought it as private label to fill out their line.