Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ahab7

Rod/Blank for 6600C5 Mag and light plugs, spoons, etc

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Looking for suggestions on a beach surf rod or blank for use with an Abu 6600 C5 Mag-X, spooled with 12 lb. mono. Want to throw 3/4 to l.5 oz plugs and spoons. Love conventional reels and want to stop using my spinning gear for this light stuff.

Personally---I don't think the GSB 120 1L can handle the low end of that weight range as a conventional. You won't load it well with 3/4 oz. 1-1/2 oz will just begin to load it. Much better suited to spinning at the low end.

The XRA 1204 or one of the "7" power Batson/Pac Bay/All Star blanks would also work.

You should consider a Lami GSH961MT. I think it would do 3/4 to 1 1/2 nicely/ for a longer rod you have lots of good choices. An Allstar 1265/2 would also be good. The 1265/2 is nice and light too.

Thanks everybody for all of the great information. I now have a lot to think about before I begin my winter project. Being able to get such knowledgeable responses in such a short period of time is fantastic.

Ditch is right I have the 1201L in conv and spinning . The spinner does better at the weights asked about at the lower end . For weights of 3/4 to 1.5 id get the 1081L ( 0.5 thru 2.5) !

[This message has been edited by chris L (edited 12-26-2001).]