stripercrazy

winter pikie project....post your photos and group questions

Rate this topic

983 posts in this topic

I"ve built some like that and they work fine.......I find I like more wood from the lip slot and the forehead, I also like the eye alittle back but still under the forhead and above center.....but those are what I like....that plug will work fine and its what you like looks wise.....nice tail/body shape.....the forehead shape will make a difference in the swim with testing you'll find what you like....nice pikie

Yeah I know what you men by the eye, my pop used to make fun of lures we bought in the store with eyes all the way to the side an back because he claimed TN at only predator fish have eyes like that. When I started building that was something I remembered, right wrong or indifferent lol

if ya look at the eye...I epoxy sealed the body then painted so the whole eye should be red even behind the glass eye but I couldn't find the 9mm eyes so I epoxyed the body.....it dryed and then I found the eyes......one didn't fit so I had to use a dremil and clean out the eye holes.....here's my next mistake I popped the eyes in and can't get them out lol so no glue holding the eye and im not 100% with the sealing behind the eye lol :mad: lol