winter pikie project....post your photos and group questions

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

fishing with winch and talking pikies I asked him for some help with a two hook pikie after talking to winch and he gave me one of his pikies this what I came up with....I my

self like 3 hooks on a pikie but they've been called 9 points of death by oldman and he won't help me land any pikie fish:D....he only uses one hook but that's another story lol1000

follower of rev Darryl Strawberry

I'm gonna get in on this...been wanting to take a stab at a pikie. Probably won't get started for a bit as I'm still chasing fish, but this could be a lot of fun.

One question...what is the desired action I'm looking for? I have never fished one...

Thanks

...One question...what is the desired action I'm looking for? I have never fished one...

Thanks

Depends some on the builder. Each builder will have a little different idea of what they want. Some do sub surface, most set them up to wake on top. This is one of my 3 oz pikies:

Jigman

...I my

self like 3 hooks on a pikie but they've been called 9 points of death by oldman and he won't help me land any pikie fish:D....he only uses one hook but that's another story lol1000

I'm going to have to deal with this issue myself. I rarely fish anything bigger than an 40jr because I hate having too many hooks. Even 2 trebles and a siwash concern me. A Pikie certainly has a lot of surface area so I get the reasoning for 2 belly hooks. How is his single hook Pikie setup? One hook upfront? Dead center?