Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Awesome John

Need sugestions on a good "plugging Conventional" rod

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone .. my first post on this forum ... I got a whole bunch of cool lefty plugging conventionals that need nice rods...

I need 2 pc for transport sake... I guess ı will need to buy 2 or three rods for different applications...

First application I will be doing rubber and small jigs and tin ( but I got some "really cool" 8.6" conentional Fenwich salmon rods that I love these take care of that range...

I guess I am looking for a small plugs and bomber rod plus a second a full size plugging rod up to 3 oz...

I would prefer a factory made rod for the "budgets" sake...

I looked at the Lami tri-flex 10 foot 1 to 3 oz conventional .. good bomber rod? of main plugger?

There is a 9 foot tica conventional that seems cool for light stuff..

IM lost here.. I need some solid advice from guys in the know... I want to spend 100 bucks max (because I will also probably have to also spend 70 bucks on shipping frown.gif )

whats your advice here gentelmen?

If you can find one, the old Diawa Sealine X ten footer is really nice, at about $70. It will outcast my Ben Doerr or my Arra (old)1204(the 1204 was shortened 6 inches frome the butt so this may not be fair).The ferrule is very nicely made and it doesn't twist even after hours of plugging. I believe Diawa has changed the color of the blanks and wraps but, the rod is still the same.