Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

Francesco's Italian restaurant caught with illegal bass

Rate this topic

149 posts in this topic

I feel the problem is not the guy who catches his legal limit of bass and wants to capitalize by selling his catch. Once the door opens-- To many surf fishermen and Boat fishermen ,will take more than their legal limit to make a buck which is why it can't be tolerated.We all have days of no fish but we all have days of alot of fish and those days can cause a ligit fishermen to do the wrong thing.So the rules should be upheld.I wish it would go back to 38 inches one fish only.-- it was that way before it went to 36 inches --- then 28 with 2 fish one over 40 inches, . that would change the whole game. or a slot limit changed each year one fish only.

This is a fair argument but personally i do not believe this would happen to the point of it hurting the fishery. As i said in earlier posts, commercial fishery trumps intake of fish by a landslide. If you guys want to regulate something better go pick on them. recreational fishermen in the masses keeping more than the "legal" limit would not dent the population

are you effin kidding me? the only reason you"play by the rules is bc I don't want to be ticketed"? why not drive on the other side of the road? or drive off from a self serve gas station after filling up? or steal coffee from the convenience store? why not? seems you think you can pick and choose which rules you want to follow....

you're on a slippery slope there mister- if you think its not worthwhile to enforce the rules on a small level like a local restaurant, then where does it start? some commercial guy backdoors 100lbs? 300 lbs? 500? where does it start to be "important" for you?

so- where ever you're from, I hope its far away from me

and as far you "playing by the rules" I think we can safely assume you've crossed that line long ago considering you're views on being "hypnotized" by the rule of law

Btw , are you suggesting that the only thing stopping you from stealing and driving on the wrong side of the road is that it is illegal?? I am dumbfounded by this pathetic argument.

gotta remember never to argue with an idiot.....

if you extrapolate you're statement out that a few bass solld illegally doesn't hurt anyone and isn't "morally wrong", then where is "the line" for you? you kept the LEGAL fish dealer from making a LEGAL sale to that restuarant... isn't that a financial loss for someone??

you need to grow up, or leave society all together since you think only some of the rules apply to you.....

This is a fair argument but personally i do not believe this would happen to the point of it hurting the fishery. As i said in earlier posts, commercial fishery trumps intake of fish by a landslide. If you guys want to regulate something better go pick on them. recreational fishermen in the masses keeping more than the "legal" limit would not dent the population

look at the actual figures, intead of the make-believe ones you seem to be using.... recreational fishermen take 3 or 4 times as many fish out of the stock every year. they are easily available. I understand yer thought that comm take more fish PER CAPITA and PER TRIP than recs do- we just outnumber them 100,000 to one (er something like that)

The problem is if one tiny restaurant there are a ton more that are doing the same thing and that has an impact on gamefish management. Much like he people who work under the table. I hope they put the wood to those people. In the future another restaurant owner big or small might think twice before they steal a dwindling public resource like wild striped bass.

look at the actual figures, intead of the make-believe ones you seem to be using.... recreational fishermen take 3 or 4 times as many fish out of the stock every year. they are easily available. I understand yer thought that comm take more fish PER CAPITA and PER TRIP than recs do- we just outnumber them 100,000 to one (er something like that)

Id be interested in that study

Would be interesting to know how many actually catch, if it's everybody the bass are in real trouble.

Why?

I happen to play by the rules but only bc i dont want to be ticketed. The size and bag limits on recreational fishermen are a joke. If this were a large corp that was killing hundreds of thousands of fish at a time i would feel differently but it seems to be a mom and pop establishment trying to make money to keep food on the table for their family. I use to be a chef and 60#s of fish isnt a lot by any metric. As a matter of fact, was it two 30lb bass? Thats actually allowed. Maybe not to be sold... But then i ask- why not? If i caught it, i kept it, i should be able to do wat i want with it. Not in nj and not in the us. This is a much deeper topic than fishing bc it should make you question why we must follow all these rules in general and who is responsible for deciding what those rules are?

I am not proposing total anarchy but can you please ask youselves, why is it illegal to sell the fish you caught? And as far as the regulations go, why 28" and not 27"? Why 2 fish, not 3? Its bc someone or some group decided those are the numbers. Just bc something is law does not mesn its right.

In a nutshell, a restarant being raided and fined for having 60 #s of striped bass sounds like a waste of taxpayer money for the investigation, raid, court and follow through. It is a joke. Open ur eyes

Stop with the keeping food on the table for their family crap. Sell some more pizzas for ******* ****. You make it seem like they're honorable people. You know what they are - thieves, plain and simple. They should lose their business.

When you think about how many more of us there is it's even more of a head scratcher :huh: that we can't manage to unite and come up with something to start rebuilding the stocks . Talk about being inept::dismay:

Stop with the keeping food on the table for their family crap. Sell some more pizzas for ******* ****. You make it seem like they're honorable people. You know what they are - thieves, plain and simple. They should lose their business.

That would be a ridiculous punishment for selling a fish that was caught in the wild and sold in a restaurant. You only have a problem with it bc it is against the law. There is a difference between wrong and illegal. I do not think they have done anything wrong

Lock them up throw the keys away! No more BS if it's not right say so and make the crooks pay the freight.
Jail?!!! Hahaha. Do you realize you are suggesting they are punished with jail time for selling a fish?