Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

Lami SMB1143F

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I was the lucky winner of the Lami SMB1143F blank at the food fling (thanks Tim) and have just spent the last half hour trying to track down some data on the web - no luck at all.

Tim says it's an extremely versitile rod but I made the mistake of not questioning him further when I had the chance. Deep brown color, about 9' (I might want to extend it to 10'?),. I'm thinking about building it to match up with one of my Mitchell 398 PUM or Penn 704's to throw wood and rigged eels off the surf but I'm not sure where its sweet spot might lie.

Anyone have any info and opinions on this blank and my intended use?

Sudsy,

that rod tip is a little light. If you are gonna throw 1.5-2 tops, you might be ok. as for extedning it? ah, I dont know. that'll make a REAL light tackle 10 fter. If I were you, I would think about either leaving it as is, or even taking 4-6 inches off the tip. If you did that, you should be right where you want to be as far as weight you want to throw. FYI, Im building one for Tim, and he aske dme to cut it back to an 11 tip. (about 8 inches, but he wants it as a conventional and boat rod.)

that rod, as is, will throw bombers, mag darters, bucktails (1-2oz), very well, if you get heavier than 2 oz, you mihgt be asking for trouble.

if you want more info, let me know... I can talk to you about it.

BC

Im building one for Tim, and he aske dme to cut it back to an 11 tip. (about 8 inches, but he wants it as a conventional and boat rod.)

This is for Tim: upck.gif