Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tagger

Hey ! Big Dave !!

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This is not a rod Question no reel forum ..The HEMI.. When I adjust the mags I could feel the carriage that rides the post, binding up a little...Well I couldn't take it so I broke it down and reemed the hole a little,,,nice..I didn't want to get filings on ther mags so I removed them..I'm pretty sure I got them back the way they were but not 100% sure one didn't flip.. I got 2 pushing and one pulling...or viser verser...not sure on the north, south thing...should they all be the same ? I guess the question is how do I make a good magnetic field...Thanks in advance...Eddy

don't think there is a "right" answer... alternating poles makes a stronger field (therefore more control) and making them all the same makes a weaker field.. neither is right or wrong... experiment with what works best for you..

Ed

I like to alternate N-S both top and bottom of the mag caraige. To test the mags push them against one another. if they repel each other your fine. The reason you may have been binding is the end cap may have been a bit to tight. Take care in any attempt to sand down the bullet where it goes through the side plate keep in mind that it needs to be snug as its what keeps the sool shaft for vibraiting during the cast.

thanks... Big Dave ....Thumb Burner...I didn't sand the bullet Dave...You know the washer that the mags are on ,,,It rides up and down that 6-32 screw (I think it is) thats in the side plate... I reemed the hole a little thats in the washer so the 6-32 has more room...