Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzz

looking for a shop that do custom rod

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

hello,

i lived in mass, i am looking for a shop that does custom rod. i am interested in having a sulfcasting rod made. any inputs is greatly appreciated. thanks.

I couldn't give a strong enough recommendation for CMS enterprises in New Bedford.

Between my buddy and I, we have had over 6 rods custom build from them. They are all true peices of craftsmanship.

One of the coolest things about them, is they ask you what YOU want from the rod, not how they want it.

Any of the guys there rock!!

In fact, this winter, I am going to have them build two trolling rods for me to exactly match my previous ones.

- ATG

Neil's reaming cork, fishing for tuna, then heading to Alaska next week to recover from tuna fishing and reaming cork... biggrin.gif (heard it on the grapevine)...poor guy.

This post started a while ago...did you find a builder?

Call Surfland and ask when Neil is coming back 978-462-4202. He is as good as anybody. Listen to what he has to say when you spec out the rod. He built my son's canal jiggin stick this spring. The gentleman definitely knows his stuff biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I can reccomend Paul Cunningham in Upton. His only occupation is building rods. The business is called J and L custom rod. I don't have his number offhand, but I have gotten through information under the listing J and L... Could be worth giving him a call.