Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom M

Fuji Plate Reel Seats

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Getting ready to gather supplies for a winter rod building project. Been over 30 years since the last one and things have really changed! I have 2 Rainshadow ISP1445F blanks (12' 1/2 to 2 1/2 oz rating) Been looking at the Fuji plate type reel seats and wonder if this is a good choice. Will be building one spinning and one conventional rod.

Thanks for your help!

Tom M

Use them if you like your reels to wobble.

I have never seen one hold a reel dead still.

If you are worried about weight, the Fuji composite seats (the plastic "gold" standard) is at least as light.

See I have to disagree. If the seat is properly affixed (3 or more layers of thread, individually epoxied) there should be no problem. I put one on an older Lami 11' 8'n bait rod with a Squidder, and I love it.

100_10401.jpg

100_10441.jpg

100_10451.jpg

That space in the middle of the seat is for another band of thread!! biggrin.gif

I have no problem setting the seat, I still find most reels don't lock in so well that they don't move. I also am not particular to the metal seat in my hand when it's cold. I like the good old "wrap on the reel with rubber strip" method or a true reel seat. The Fuji is ugly, but it holds almost any reel solid as can be and they last forever.

I still find most reels don't lock in so well that they don't move.

gotta agree smile.gif

had one one a breakaway blank ......just wouldn't get tight enough.....broke out the black tape

i have 2 diawa rods with those seats , it's the only thing i don't like about the rods .....they will be changed .....

derf

maybe with a small reel it would be better ??

the smallest i use is a 6500 abu .....

Yes I know that, but I liked the look of two wrap points, and I tried it before adding the third, and it works just fine. I think if I used a bigger reel I would have put the third set of threads down. wink.gif

Thanks to all for the replies and comments. Am using tape on the old honey lams. I'll try one of the plate style seats on the new lightweight spin setup as I am planning to use a 710 "greenie" with fireline.

This was my first post to the forum and again I really appreciate your replies!!

Tom M