Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

widening the butt end fore grip!!

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Al,

Due to my big hands, I am having trouble gripping the foregrip above the reel seat on my current 8 N Bait rod. It kinda moves around and it becomes tuff to reel when I have a decent fish on.

besides cork rings, what can I do to build up the foregrip? two layers of cork tape? maybe two layers of tape and some of that shrink wrap rubber stuff???

what do you think???

Thanks,

dave

Big country and Al there is a fairly new product just becoming available from Australia Leather strips, the only place importing them is Richards Rod and Reel in Canada,from what I have gathered and I have some on order this could be a very useful product,these can be glued on cork or even directly on the blank,according to the Australian rep they are extremely durable and well tested.

John

Big Country, maybe you are a candidate for a parachute Cord Foregrip. Just wrap parachute cord as TIGHTLY as you can around the blank on top of your cork-tape or whatever is alread there. You have to fray the ends jsut right so there is no hump, but you can always just use 2-ton epoxy and shave the hump off LOL. It's been done. I got the idea from seein pictures of OLD Offshore rods which had a rope type of foregrip which looked like to me rope wrapped around to make a handle. The parachute cord is nice feeling, and made from nylon so it won't rip up your "city hands."

JC