Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Outcast blanks

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Al, the ****.com site is touting an "Outcast" blank, which seems to be heaver-specific. Do you know anything about that line of blanks? Or who makes it? They have a lot of talk about Conoflex and other British blanks, it might be made in the UK.

Brian,

Outcast blanks are distributed by a friend of mine based in Hawaii. I believe they are Asian made but not sure. They were originally designed for Hawaiian surf fishing for Giant Trevally (Ulua).

I saw some of the blanks at the Rodcrafters National two or three years ago. From the ones I saw thay are definitely in the "Heaver" category.

Al

Thanks, Al, Tom. I took a look at the mudhole.com listings for Outcast, and see that they do make more rods than just surf rods; and that all the surf rods are oriented towards the heaver end of the spectrum.

Interesting stuff.

Brian,

I think I remember JohnM mentioning that he had ordered a custom wrapped Outcast meat stick for the Point. Perhaps, he could provide some insight on the Outcast blanks since it appears that he's field tested most of the big surf blanks on the market.