Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
korkerstud

Lamiglas GBT 84 1L or CGBT 84 1L?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi Al,

I have built a couple of GBT 84 1L's and really love them. I plan on buiding another this winter, and am considering the CGBT 84 1L blank but have not had the opportunity to bend it yet. From your experience would you recommend one blank over the other? How do the actions of the two blanks differ? It will be built conventional for Western LI Sound chunking in shallow water with 1-4 ounces of weight and will wear a Abu Big Game 6500CL with 25lb mono. Thanks in Advance!

-Alex

I have built the CGBT851L myself - I used it for worming Weakfish in Raritan Bay - 6 oz is about the max on it. I think stepping up to the ML would better suit your purpose - this is only my opinion - I wrapped my ML spinning and use it with 4oz diamond jigs - handles 15lb Bass decently. Should be fine for the use you intend.

What I did was order each of the Lami CGBT blems/seconds so I can see how one blank differed from another.

Hi Billy,

This is definitely a niche rod for me. I only use it in shallow water with no structure to hang up on and little tide to contend with. Have brought bass to 20lb and blues to 16 to the boat quickly! Strong blanks! Thinking the CGBT might be more durable though.

KS,

The CGBT is a composite with a slightly softer tip that a prefer when fishing with braid. In addition, the blank is more durable then the all graphite GBT model.

Al