Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corbina

Dark Cork-Tape wanted

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find the Dark CORK Tape? Not the state-board hard tape.

It is almost black with very few brown cork specks compared to the all tan or brown cork type.

I think it is mostly black rubber with a little cork. Mudhole only has the light stuff.

Thanks

So, then the question becomes, is this the better cork-tape or do we have a better choice?

I have seen this darker tape on most all the custom rods (new) so I say this must be the good stuff???

Also, I was informed that the 1/8 tape is better (1/16 is almost impossible to appply without visible seams) for application and durability?

Should a cork seal be used on cork tape?

Thanks for all the info.

Most people find the 1/8 harder to apply without gaps since its thickness makes it a bit more difficult to form a tight spiral. If you want a thicker grip just apply two layers of 1/16.

Steve

To answer your question about duraility. The dark (rubber/cork) tape is the stuff to use. The tan stuff is all cork and it dries out fast and chips far too easily. I use the tan stuff under Quick Grip since it's cheaper and will last as long as the grip while hidden!

CD

I'm also redoing the grips on a 7 footer, and I'm trying to find rubber cork tape. Anyone know where it can be found besides the net? Or, does anyone know what section of Wal-Mart I can find the 3M tape stuff?