Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crashfromamesbury

lamiglas fast rod blank, black

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

i wonder if anyone out here might know or have an idea of the blank number, the rod i was looking at was 7.6 but the blank i am sure was 8 ft.. it was a great 1 piece rod and was suited for casting 1/2-1oz lures... perhaps a little heavier.. i want to get this blank but dont want to go thru the guy who made the one i was looking at, (i just was not thrilled at the workmanship)... any ideas...

So, what we know is the rod is 7'6"...and you believe it was cut from an 8' blank...but we don't know from which end. It's 1 piece and black. It throws 1/2 to 1oz but probably a little heavier, too wink.gif And it's from Lamiglas.

I'm gonna guess it's graphite since you state it's fast.

Here's the list of currently manufactured Lamiglas blanks that I think would fit this profile:

GLB961L cut 6" from the butt..this would be the one I personally would guess is the most likely candidate.

GP964 cut 6" from the tip...this would be my second guess.

GSH961MT cut 6" from the butt...which wouldn't make sense cause you could get the GSH901MT instead.

Bear in mind, this is only from currently manufactured Lamiglas blanks - they have made dozens of blanks in the past that they no longer manufacture.

Hope this helps smile.gif

TimS