seeker british style surf rod blank

Rate this topic

GRinNJ

Hey I am new to this board and also new to rod building.I am considering using the 10'seeker british style surf rod blank and fuji concept guides..My questions is how many what style and what size would you reccomend.Its going to be a spinning rod with a penn 6500..maybe a starting point on spacing would help also..Thanks for any help..

This is a great blank. I really like the British style since you have the advantage of a 2 piece rod with the performance of a 1 piece. I recommend you tape on the reel and guides until you fine tune the setup. I use a 704Z on mine. The reel is taped on with a very short butt section of about 16 inches. The first guide, 40 mm, is about 38" from the reel. If you have not tried a short butt section, I recommend you give it a try. The butt is short so that I can prop it on my hip during retrieve. This takes a lot of the strain off your arms. Also with the long distance between the reel and the tip of the rod, casting distances and overall performance are equivalent to a much longer rod.

I love my seeker. Good luck with yours.

• 2 weeks later...