I need help!!!

Rate this topic

outerbeach

Hey there everyone. I seem to be the only one that has this problem. I get tons and tons of bubbles in ym finishes. Ive tried flexcoat, and ls2000, and I still get tons of bubbles and they are very easy to see over black wraps, its terrible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Derek.

outerbeach,

other tips:

a lot of bubbles are generated during mixing, mix slowly with a solid stirrer. wait til all the bubbles disappear before use.

use flexcoat lite. I like to further dilute it by 10-20% with a solvent for epoxy (home depot,or Lowes, it is good for cleaning brush also). it does not seem to affect the strength.

air is trapped inside the brush. before use, dip the brush into the solvent to get rid of the air, then squeeze out the excess solvent.

during application, avoid back and forth rapid brushing which generates air bubbles.

after application, gentle heat with an alcohol lamp or use a electric heat lamp (the kind used in the bathroom).

good luck

THey may be coming from your brush. I was using a flat shaped sable brush, but am switching to a 3/4 - 1" Fan brush. THe flat brush is too thick, the fan is wider, but thin, thus allowing the bubbles to be release

Before flaming - READ THE LABEL - LS2000 and Supreme do not need do be flamed - they will burn, thus ruining all your hard work.

YOu should not get bubbles with LS2000. This leads me to believe you are applying way too much. I had bubbles in LS2000 the first time I used it too, so I think this is where your problem may be. Check the archives - Al has a lot of stuff on finishing.

Good luck, Billy

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16