Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jettyjockey18

My wife's cat is lucky to be alive...

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

i set my rod up on the kichen table last night and applied the third and final coat of ls supreme to the guides...i let the rod turn for two hours before i shut it down for the night and went to bed...forgot to lock the cat in the bathroom...cwm24.gif

i came downstairs this morning and discovered two things...it looks like i stopped turning the rod a bit prematurely last night since some epoxy had sagged a bit and turned lumpy on two of the guides...hammer-time.gifcwm23.gif...

i also had to remove a large clump of cat hair that i found had mysteriously stuck to a third guide...cwm23.gifcwm23.gif

looks like a fourth coat of epoxy will be necessary after all...frown.gif

I keep them turn 4 hours at least. i also leave the cup with the extra finish there and keep the rod turning longer if there is any flow at all left in the epoxy in the cup.

The fur ball probably just got drafted around and landed on the rod. Probably would have happened even if the cat was locked up.

I'm a cat lover so I'm trying to get it out of hot water! smile.gif

JJ, get a lamp timer and hook up your drying motor on it for how ever long you want. I let my rods turn overnight.

As for the cat... poached or stewed sounds good to me... biggrin.gif Just a little Mrs Dash does wonders!!!

[This message has been edited by mrsinbad (edited 04-24-2003).]

As for the cat... poached or stewed sounds good to me... biggrin.gif Just a little Mrs Dash does wonders!!!

That's scary. I think if more people knew you, they might know you weren't kidding. Damn CAnal Street special.

man, now im hungry.. gotta stop by wing wah chinese in bushwick or kum kao (lol) chinese in ft green and get me some a dat.

seriously, lock yer cat up, its what i do, and he can howl all he wants, ive seen him creeping up on my rod while its spinning, and if he touched it....

also, after I touch the cat i cant go near the motor for 15 min. or AWOL cathairs drift off me and onto the rod, making me freak out and mess around with a paper clip while praying to the epoxy gods.

------------------

-mikeD

An old guy walked in one night wearing a ball cap.on the front it said "I HATE CATS"

he lifted the bill up & it says "BUT I LOVE ***** "devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

[This message has been edited by Harv (edited 04-24-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Saltheart (edited 04-24-2003).]