Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Bald Head

Helping Friend Fix Tica, Need Guide Info

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

A friend in need has cracked a guide on his Tica rod, and I told him I could fix it. It is the bottom-most guide, appears to be size 30. Rod model is the 12' casting rod rated for 15-40 lb. line, 4-10 oz. of weight, Model UEHA836502C.

I want to try to match the existing guides as well as i can...they look like Fuji Hardloys (black frame, gun-metal or grey ring) but are unmarked, so I'm guessing they are knock-offs of some type. Can't find info on-line.

I'm thinking a BNLG will suffice. Anybody have any more specific info?

Thanks,

-- Doug

Hi,

In a Fuji take a look at the BSVLG if two footed guide or BLVLG if one foot design. You will be pretty close. Go take a look at one of the catlogues from the rod component supply companies. Anglers Workshop carry very good inventories of most Fuji Guides. John , Rick or Dillion are very good and helpful. And no I don't have any connection with their business other than be a customer and a happy one at that. You can phone them on 360 225 9445. Won't cost more than a few dollars.

Regards

Mike OLiver

BBH:

Those guides are like hard candy. I had a shop replace all but the tip top on my 10 footer because they all shattered during a windy day and my rod fell in the parking lot. I've had the same thing happen a dozen times on another rod with Pac Bays w/ no probs. I should have called TICA, but I didn't. Hope he has better luck with the rest of them. You're a good friend.

Pac bay has a pretty close match also the Fuji aluminnum oxide are brownish they are one step down from the grey hardloy

[ 08-08-2005, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: finchaser ]