Pugh128

favorite sp minnow color

Rate this topic

137 posts in this topic

There all my favorite I have one of each color both sinking and floating there my favorites and they produce.
I can only find floaters. Where do you get the sinking models? Are they full sink or more like a suspended type?

Just lost a white one (sinker) .  Wind was blowing and got caught in the jette.  I cast it a total of 4 times and then it was gone.  It sank maybe a foot under the water, I was going to try and let it sink more after I got a feel of it but it never happened.  So I don't know.

They do all catch, but I particularly like the Chicken Scratch, Blurple, and the Black/Yellow which I made into schoolbus with a sharpie.

However, before the 'newer' colors came out, I used to crush them on the purple/black/silver color, I really need to start fishing that color again, don't know why I ever stopped...:huh:

I can only find the F floaters. seems to be some confusion. Even online places that sell them list floaters and sinkers but list the running depth for each of them as 3'.

I can only find floaters. Where do you get the sinking models?

Sinkers?

Belmar Marina Shop

Fisherman's Supply in Point Pleasant has a little more of them than Belmar. I was just at both. Supply has Bone, Blurple, both Macs, Silver, Chicken Scratch, and Sand Eel all in sinking. $9.95 at both shops. The two big online Jersey tackle shops also have them - but I'm cheap and won't pay for shipping. There's a guy on Osborne Ave. in Bayhead that runs an eBay shop out of his house a few blocks west of the beach and does $10.95 shipped free - tends to have a good selection of colors in sinking, ships fast, and it gets to you fast since it's close.