Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Wire Guides/Fuji's combo

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I want to do a rainshadow 1208 starting with two of the new titanium Pac Bay wire guides. has anyone built with these titanium guides before? does anyone have any ideas about guide set up fo rthis blank? Im thinking 50,40 (titanium wire guides), 30,25,20,16 tip.

Ive done this with the 'old stainless guides', but never with these new Pac Bays..

thanks,

BC

BC,

I've got a buddy that has built a few spinners using Pac Bay 'Tich' guides. I should run into him over this weekend, I'll get the layout as he does it. Pretty sure he starts with 50 then 40, but his rods he stays with the tichs all the way.

Those tich guides are real nice, interested to see if they hold up for the long haul. This guy fishes as hard as anyone and he's tough on his gear. If they hold up for him they'll hold up for anyone.

I bought the Tich guides today. Im going 50, 40, 30 BSVLG, 20 BSVLG, 16 BSVLG and 12 tip..On a 10 ft 1208 ranishadow

Tich guides are nice, but I wouldnt go all wire on a rod, it would work the way im used to fishing. I just wanna test drive this for myself in case a customer wants them, Ill let you guys know how they come out..

BC

the rod is almost done, 1 coat of epoxy and it came out great. I love the balance and the extra weight in the mid section of the rod (I used longer underwraps than usual, and the tich guides are a little heaver and bigger, which makes a difference)the extra weight makes it feel more uniform, not so fast anymore, Ill post pics when its done.. if anyone cares.. LOL

BC