Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJSurf

ESPN2 Today

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

While watching fishing on ESPN2 today for 1/2 hour I was VERY pleased to hear some excellent press & discussion about the impending threat to saltwater anglers of massive permanant closings of beach access. They were appealing to the fishing public to get involved in fighting this travesty. I commend ESPN2, this type of broad press is great.

I personaly feel the real fight will be carried by knowlegable anglers such as ourselves. For more information on this important issue please click the link below.

The site is very well done & informative, with links to all the info you will need to make a difference. Please take a look, & scroll through the different pages.

It is supported by the RFA, the JCAA, the CCA, the IGFA and other quality recreational fishing organizations.

http://www.freedomtofish.com/f2f/index.cfm

On a less optimistic note, the town of Sea Bright NJ is considering giving a developer four building lots on the east side of the sea wall. For you non locals' that would place them on the beach that was built with eleven million of your federal tax dollars.

Thank you, thank you very much.

And 11 more in disaster releif when the ocean comes up and swallows them.

I thought the whole justification of replenishment was to put a buffer zone between the ocean and the realistate. This is absolute insanity what is taking place.

That would stink to loose access to 4 lots in Sea Bright.

I wonder how we will feel when we also loose 80% of the most productive fishing beach access on the coast. I wont be too happy.

That is exactly what some powerful environmental groups are actively trying to do right NOW with the MPA's. I suggest we stand up as a group & fight hard against such a threat.

Everything you need to make your voice heard can be found on the link in the first post above. They actually make it easy. Just type in your zip code and all the info pops up:

Your representatives along w/ thier phone #, fax #, e-mail & mail adresses.

They even provide pre-typed letters describing our fight & position that are downloaded to Word/Works already formatted!

Also a one click option to auto-email.

Along with a full description of the threat from all veiw points. ITS TOO EASY!

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but they make it so easy to be heard, there is no excuse not to get involved. Please join me in this important fight for our Right To Fish!

[This message has been edited by NJSurf (edited 08-04-2002).]

If the big money manages to privatize Sandy Hook I'll have lost 80% of my access without ever having met an enviromentalist.

No wondering involved.

Oh well, time to go generate some tax dollars.

yaaayy!