Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Rate this topic

MikeMc

Something wrong with that? I new to all this, remember.

I use briquettes in the WSW but lump in the Performer. My experience is that you need to let the blue smoke burn off the briquettes first before adding the meat. The briquettes, to me, provide a more reliable long term burn, and is slightly less expensive.

You can get lump for cheap at Restaurant Depot.

If doing a shoulder I wouldn't worry about waiting for the sand to come to temp as an effective heat sink. You're looking at an 8 to 12 hour process. I would let the fuel become stable before sealing everything up however.

#otterlivesmatter

"Cowboy" Charcoal is nice....

NO NO NO!!!!! NEVER COWBOY BRAND!!! PURE CRAP!! We have had discutions about this.

It's ******* charred pieces of ******* wood Pete... how the **** can that that get messed up :squid:

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

"Cowboy" Charcoal is nice....

NO NO NO!!!!! NEVER COWBOY BRAND!!! PURE CRAP!! We have had discutions about this.

It's ******* charred pieces of ******* wood Pete... how the **** can that that get messed up :squid:

The stuff is used lunber. It comes with nails and construction debris in it. We have discussed that here before. It is a bad product. I have been smoking foods for 28 years. I do not recomend Cowboy brand any thing. Stop cursing.

It always look like charred pieces of wood to me :shrug:

But on your recommendation... I will switch brands

No really! Guys were saying they found insulation in it and allkinds of stuff. I got it once it was all flooring scraps. Guys were saying they got better but I won't use it. If you like it thats cool. But you only get to rip me off once.

The stuff is used lunber. It comes with nails and construction debris in it. We have discussed that here before. It is a bad product. I have been smoking foods for 28 years. I do not recomend Cowboy brand any thing. Stop cursing.

:laugh: :laugh:

Banned in Florida