Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Charlotte NC

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Anyone from SOL heading to the Big Show in Charlotte? Since I covered beer on another site, if you're gonna be down there feel free to buy me lunch & dinner, I'd appreciate it. Don't be cheap either.

Billy,

Cathy and I will be stopping at Charlotte for the show on our way back home from Fla.

Another member of Tri-State will be there also.

We'll have to get together for lunch or dinner.

I may not see any reply to this as I'm not checking the computer regularly.

By the way it's in the 80's down here and the fishings not bad either.

Ken

GT - lol.

Ken - I'm sure I'll run into you, look foward to seeing you somewhere in the chaos.

HArv - I lived in Mississippi for a year, so I know the only problem I'll have is s....l....o......w......i....n.....g down.

About to head out. Harv, I'll check to see if they have a Nikon booth there and find out how to fix a brand new 4 year old camera which has been used twice.

Visualwrap, visualweave, NERBs - spread the word & answerring Q's. I'll also make a ferw swings by th eFly Fishing area, just so stuff old men can look at me sideways, lol. Freshly shaved head, I even clean shaved my beard, except for my chin. No name tags dammit!! ALter

NCSurffisher, pleasure to meet you. RMS, what a shock it was to see you, although you had hinted you might sneak down there with yor son. Bob Fishaddict, that was a freaking SHOCKER!!! Anyone else who I forgot that I bumped into (I met literally a TON of people from the internet, or people who lurk on the sites) - it was a pleasure.

The show was great. Period, end of story.

Billy,

It was a real pleasure to meet you and spend time comparing rods, eatin' NC Barbecue, and tellin' tales on Thursday evening. I think you slowed down quite a bit after your second barbecue sandwich. What a pair. Tall, young, thin, and NYC vs short, old, fat, and southern country. Rod-wrapping crosses all boundries. biggrin.gif

Lynn, that was great, thanks a ton. MAde the trip down a day early VERY MUCH worth it. GReat stories, I really enjoyed myself. I don't think I slowed down the entire weekend, when DAve gets home to Austrailiaask him if I ever shut up for a second the entire time I was there, lol.

My weekend went something like this:

-WEd nite went to bed at 1:20Am

-woke up at 4:15, onto Newark.

-slept on teh flight from 6:45-8

-8:45 arrive at the hotel, and realize there AIN't A THING TO DO in Downtown Charlotte.

- walked around, met a really nice woman spoke with her for 2 straighthours, go back to teh hotel where the girl at the desk got me a room 3 hours early (thankfull!)

- slept from 5:40-6:30, met upwith Lynn until 11 at my hotel, then I stalked him back to his uintil 1AM.

Fall asleep back at my hotel at 2:30, DAve arrived from AU at 4. Spoke with him until 6:30, where I fell asleep for 2 hours.

Friday

-ate some KK Donuts in the AM, went onto set up at the COnvention center at 12.

- met an assortment of people, set up some of Mudhole's booth, met more people, helped a few others set up, met more people.

- 9PM - ate dinner, Dave headed off to bed, I wet to see if anyone eas hanging out at the Westin.

-bumped into teh Mudhole crew, Pac Bat & Amtak REps (JT & Darrin) - went back to dinner at Uno.

At dinner, back to teh bar in teh Westin, left there after the bar shut down at 2AM

- fell out at around 3AM

Saturday

-up at 7, at teh show at 8:20

-7PM, rodbuilders room to LOSE at a free raffle

8:30-left the show, went to eat dinner with the Batsons', and Munich Fly fisher & crew

-back to teh room at 10

- fell asleep at about 1:30 after talking almost non-stop with poor Dave for like 3 hours, lol

Sunday

- up at 7, at teh show at 8:20

-show ends at 5, I BS'd until about 7.

- 7:30 go to leave, end up helping MAggie from Schnieder's rod shop pack up.

-8:45 - sit down to eat dinner

9:45 - car service

11 - flight leaves, I get about 1 hours sleep

get home at 1:30AM, without rod tube which was lost at baggage

3:30 - finally fall asleep.

6:30 - wake up for work

I'm tired.