Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry Mac

XRA Verses GSB

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Good Morning,

I am planning on building a smaller plugging rod in an 8'6" or more preferably 9". Mainly to throw smaller swimmers, poppers, and sometimes shad/fin-s bodies in the 1/2 to 1 3/4 oz. range. I will be matching it up to a VS150.

What is your preference between the Lami GSB verses the XRA series. I also want some other feedback on comparisons with other

Manufacturers such as Loomis, All Star, Etc...

I own some Lami's and Loomis's, but they are either rated too high or too low for the applications I am looking for. Your advise would be greatly appreciated...Terry Mac

Thanks Al,

I guess you prefer the softer action of the GLB "live bait series" versus the GSB for the smaller swimmers.

Can you enlighten on the reasoning for this? I probably will mix it up occasionally with the use of mono or braid depending on the action I am looking for. I appreciate your knowledge and expertise on the subject matter.

Regards, Terry Mac

Terry,

It's just personal preference. I cast primarily from a boat and fish light tackle. There is a good chance I can hook a good fish, so the softer action gives me the safety factor I want to prevent me from breaking off a good fish.

Al