Followers 0
rhodyflyguy

2 Q's

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Which rod would be best to balnce with a Penn 113:

Mud HoleSPAS 48 # 10 Tip 30-80 lb. line fast action 6'6"

Mud Hole SPAS 49 # 9 tip 20-50 lb. line fast action 7'

Also, which Fuji Heavy duty Reel seat is best for the Penn 113?

I do that also, but prefer sporting clays HappyWave.gif

WHAT I MEANT:

Is he going to use that rod for trolling with wire, bottom fishing or as a tomato stake.

go play with a grip cwm12.gif

It'll be a live lining rod. the reel will be loaded with 50 lb backing and a top sht pf 80 lb. test mono. I fish in 7-8 feet of water that is very rocky. fish will wrap the line around rocks twice and continue running. The Stripers average 25-30 lbs. The average would be bigger, but the really big fish have a habit of breaking off.

Couple of blanks come to mind:

1) Lami BT857S. makes a nice livelining stick for herring/pogies. slow action lets you lob the bait better without tearing the hook out. Plenty of backbone for turning fish.

2) Lami CGBT841M or MH

3) Batson SWM70MH oh H

I do not know anything about those Mudhole blanks

Use a 20 or 22 fuji seat, whatever fits better in your hand or works with whatever grips you use.

Since it sounds like you are trying to go extra low cost on the blanks, I second the Forcast H recomendation. The Mudhole blanks may or may not be what you are looking for, I have no idea what they are like. They do have some in Pink htough, I'd recommend those without pulling on it, lol.

That Forcast SWB70H will balance with the 4/0? If it does, i'll order it tomorrow. If it doesn't, i'll use the XH. As a note, the guides will be Pac Bay, the tip will be an American Tackle with a titanium ring, the grips eva, the butt cap an all aluminum one, and the wraps will be stolen from Billy 40 in the "I'm committing a Billy 40 Sin" thread wink.gif

On blanks I am familiar with both manufactures Lamiglas and the Baston Forecast. I live about 100 miles from both manufactures. Baston is at the top of the State at Squim on the Straits Of Juan De Fuca. While Lamiglas is located in Woodland WA on the Columbia River near Vancouver WA What I would do is email Todd Vivian at Lamiglas todd@lamiglas.com and Bill Baston at Baston ent wbaston@olypen.com. and ask their opinion on their rod series, of rods recommenced. Like the Lami CGBT841 Batson SWM70MH.

Good Wraps Bob