Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zim

Next plugging rod

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Ok, So my wife is at work and across the street there's a yard sale where she sees a rod standing against a table. She went over and talked to the guy about it. He said it belonged to his grandfather and told her it was bamboo. So she calls me and asked if I wanted it. I asked how much the guy wanted for it and she told me five bucks. Now most old bamboo rods are worth their weight in maggots, but I asked if it was like new. She said it looks nice, I think you might like it. So, for five bucks I said yeah, ok. If I don't like it, I'll bust it over my knee and throw it in the dumpster. I got home from work and it was laying on the living room floor. From about ten feet away I said, Number one, it ain't bamboo. Number two, ( here comes the punchline) it's a Harnell. Yep, an eight six one piece Harnell #540. Not only was it a Harnell, but it was one of the earliest harnell's made. I stripped, prepared, and painted the blank yesterday and will wrap it today. I guess the sun even shines on a dog's azz every now and then.

lg_smile.gif