Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed J

Yard sale find?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

11' 4" Garcia Conolon mod. # 2573T 2-5 oz. 12-30# line. 2 piece.

Split real cork rear grip & fore grip and reel seat = mint. ½ the guides are broken and all wraps come off real easy smile.gif .

Blue light special? Or better?

Either way it's getting a re-wrap, 704 and looks like fun with a popper smile.gif .

BTW $5 smile.gif .

Pretty cool find Ed. That "Star" business is nothin' more than how Garcia named their various rod lines thru the early 60's. After about '63 or '64, many of the lines just became known by the colors of the blanks.... the "Five Star" lineup became known as the "Gold" series, the "Four Star" models became the "Brown" series, "Three Star", the "Blue" series, etc. I don't believe there was a Five Star (or "Gold") rod made quite a heavy as that stick. Have fun with your restoration project.

I've got a 13 footer, and love it. I can cast a mile with that thing. I have caught everything from big Shark & Tarpon in Florida to GT's in Guam. It wears a 9500 and is my favorite rod.

In it's day that was a very good rod. It's not a bad rod today, in fact, only that technology has passed it by a bit.

I know many guys who have had them re-wrapped and re-guided and still fish them and like them.