Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walter young

soft rubber grip tape

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

who sells soft rubber grip tape that is exactly like on the loomis surf rods/

that "/" is a question mark. in case my punctuation is bad it's mostly my keyboard. the shift keys don't work.

If wer're both talking about the gloomis tape same as it ever was, you are the first one I ever heard call it "soft" wink.gif No, it's not exactly sandpaper gritty, but it's tough on wet hands after awhile. Some like the stuff; many do not. I don't think anyone claimed it outright "ripped" waders, but rather that it took an abrasive toll on them and wore thru over a period of time at some area which had lengthy repeated contact with the grip material, maybe da crotch.

Nick was showing me some custom rods at the breakaway booth from the mass bass show that he had made with the real rough broken glass type grip tape.

it was too sharp, like it would cut up your hands, but the loomis type that i have seen (but not fished with) was much softer.

from your description i will order the even softer style that bad fish has. i hadn't considered the waterlogged hands scenario.

what type of grip material holds up bettter?

cork tape and rubberized tape doesn't last a whole season and begins to stink. full shrink tubing gets scratched and gouged and is slippery, and I refuse to use eva or hypalon.

there doesn't seem to be anything that will last.

maybe a cross grip wind under shrink tubing would work.

Hello, Walter

Here is some soft grip material I just purchased from 3M. I have not built anything with it yet, but it looks like good stuff thumbuprt.gif It's designed to be a gripping material so it must be durable.

Please send me a PM with some feedback if you end up using it.

Thanks

TS

http://www21.3m.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?SP=10023&PN=1&xid=31985&V1=334904& DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0