Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John E

Quick Tip Top ?s

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Al,

Can I make up a 1/64" difference between the rod tip and the tip top by wrapping the blank with "A" size thread? If yes, do I need to coat the thread with anything before the tip top is installed?

John E

John,

Wrap it with small spaces between the thread wraps. Then use 5-minute epoxy glue to glue on the tip. The glue will fill in between the thread wraps.

Al

Al,

Thanks. By the way, the GSB1231M I'm building is coming out pretty good. Handle and but wrap (double diamond pattern) are completed with the exception of the thread finish. I did metallic underwrap for the guides but I'm not happy with the way they look. I think I got a bad spool of thread. The metallic finish comes off the thead very real easy when I touch it. It seams like every time I look at it more has fallen off. I'll probably wrap with a regular thread this time.

Thanks for all your help and patience.

John E

Al,

I'm using Green (color number 9358) Gudebrod HT Metalic. Is their another brand of better quality? Being kind of a googan, I order the Gudebrod since it was a brand name I was familiar with.

I am using the "book" method of thread tensioning. Don't know if this makes a difference with the metallic threads.

John