Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
t.lapinski

Similar blanks to lami gsb 1201m?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

i have a 1201m that i use for conventional plugging. i really like the rod, and want to build something similar in a spinning version. before i pick up another one, i was wondering what other blanks are comporable or similar to it? thanks.

Not many in graphite. The Batson, Pac Bay and All Star 1208 blanks have much thinner and faster tip sections, as do the Batson and Pac Bay 1209s. The All Star 1209 has the same sized tip as the Lami, but a MUCH heavier action to it.

The Arra 1205 has a different feel to it. If you feel like voiding the warranty on a $250 blank, I think the closest you're going to get to the 120 1M is getting the XRA 1322 and cutting an inch or two from the tip so a size 11 tip fits, and taking the balance to get you to 10' from the butt.

Your best route may be to stick with the 1201M. I have one in spinning, and it is a great rod. I love it. Lightweight yet can throw a good load and not as expensive as the Ron Arra's. Do a search on this site for other people who have used it in spinning, and I bet you will find a lot of favorable commentary.