Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paniolo

Guide Placement on Rainshadow SU1207

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I have a customer looking for guide placement for the SU1207. Specs = 10' 1pc, 1-4oz, 15-25lb test, med Power, Mod/Fast action, tip = 8.0, butt = .93.

I have never built this rod with only 4 guides and a tip. But that is how he wants to build it. The reel he is going to use is the Penn 706z. It will be positioned 26" from the butt.

I have come to ask for the professionals opinions on this. I will need guide sizes, guide style ( Preferably Forecast Components) and guide specs. His main concern is the spacing from the reel seat to the first guide. I usually give specs from tip to butt w/ tip applied. From center of ring to center of ring. I will keep this info for the next guy who needs them. We usually get about 3-5 requests aday for recommended guide specs for the Rainshadow/Forecast blanks. But this is one I do not have yet. We will be adding this information to our website eventually. Thank you

Bill Batson

Bill, haven't built on the 1207 yet but have an SW1208 w/4 guides and 706Z, an excellent performer

Fuji BHVLG40HH-BSVLG30-25-20-BPLT20 tip

From installed tip:8in-20in-33 1/2in-53 1/2in

Reel is mounted 26in reel stem-to-butt

Reel face 38in to stripper guide

Casts very well and has landed stripers to 30lbs without undue effort...excellent line of blanks, keep up the great work icon14.gif

I built 1207 Rainshadow prototype blank very similar to surfrat just posted but last guide was a SVSG16 andPST12. The 40 was 36-37" from top of reel seat. Rod turned out nice but I like to use 5 guides on it. 40,25,20,16,12,TT or 40,25,16,12,10,TT You can go high frame or concept.

Thank you very much for this information. I will pass this on to our customer and keep it in the files for future use. I doubt I'll recommend the Fuji guides but will find something in the extensive Forecast component line that will work.

Thanks again.

Bill Batson