Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toddv

Lamiglas New Surf Products

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Some of you may have heard from Ron Arra that we are developing a 2pc version of the XRA1205 for release this spring but I'd like to add that we have a few new additions in the Tri-Flex series.

CSB1322M 11' 2pc 3-8 oz lure

CSB1382M 11'6" 2pc 3-8 oz lure

CSB1442ML 12' 2pc 2-5 oz lure

These models are in our new catalog being printed now and will be available through any of our regular suppliers.

Todd

Todd

Interesting that you are expanding the Tri-Flex product. Love the CGBT8XXX series.

Now how about a 3 or 4 piece 8 1/2 to 9 foot surf blank for use by those who travel by air. Same material with medium action for 3/4 to 2oz. weights. Could use the Fuji 2 piece reel seat for the butt end.

HappyWave.gif

NeilB

Todd:

Suggestion

there is a gap in the surf/bar series thats killing me. Not literally biggrin.gif mind you. The one piece users out there need an 11'6" - 12' one piece for 8-10oz and bait.

The 132-1M is a great blank but too wimpy for this task. The tip on this blank is an 11 I believe. Good for 6n bait and max's out with 8oz.

The 136-1MH has a 20 tip and is an absolute telephone pole. The blank fills a niche, but its too overkill for most fishing days. The blank doesnt load right, IMO, regardless of the weight used. Ive tried 8-12oz. Good for the most extreme conditions but not a rod I want to fish a whole bunch throughout the year.

The 13'6" and 15' one piece blanks would fall in line with what Im looking for, but would need to be chopped down into a usable range. Canceling the warranty possibly? Im not a fan of cutting if there's another option.

The perfect blank would be an 11'6" or 12', one piece, with a 14 tip, that is rated 6-14oz. Chopping 3' off the 180-2M would work. Or making a one piece out of the 150-2M, maybe.

Just a suggestion.

The blank you're looking for Lami already makes...the fiberglass SB1364M, it's a fine 8nbait rod. You can buy the blank and a decent reel for the price of a 1361MH. wink.gif

SRat:

I hear you, as I all ready have 2 fiberglass wrapped. But I aint getting any younger and those rods are heavy. Especially w/ an AHAB 20A on it. Jeeesh. Would love to see a graphite to perform the same task.

Erik, the tri-flex rods are all spin. And the factory rod models of these blanks will also be spin.

Bunker,

I'll keep in mind the 11'6" or 12' model.

Neil,

travel surf sticks have been a conversation a couple of times the past year. I believe we may have one or two by the time the rod catalog comes out in July. The Fuji handle is too custom for a factory rod.

Todd