Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

How would you handle this?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Finishing up a rod right now...put the spinning reel in the seat and noticed the first guide is out of alignment by probably 5-10 degrees to the right. mad.gif Just a plain screw-up on my part. Are there any tricks that I could do to "manipulate" the reel seat to get the alignment down, or should I just take the guide off (finish has already been applied)?

I've got some rods that the guides are not perfect, I don't care.

I've got other rods that the guide(s) were not lined up and it drove me nuts and i cut them off and re did them. The conventional rods that you just stand there with and look down their length, I had to change them, the spinners, I just left.

I've got a rod that the reel seat is about 10 degrees off on right now. The part that erks me, is I cut one off to line it up and put the replacement back on just as bad redface.gif , I think that rod wants to left the way it is wink.gif .

Are there any tricks that I could do

Yeah, do it right the first time!

I did the same thing on my first rod. Everything was dead on with my alignment marks for the spine. The reel seat was dead on, the guides were dead on...problem was, teh 2 marks I made were NOT dead on. lol. The rod looked GREAT....until I took it out fishing on the Shinnecock Star and noticed the rod was tilted? $%$@#%.

I never made that mistake again, lesson learned, the hard way.

"its supposed to look that way...it's called a modified sprial wrapped spinning offset guide concept" you would just have to explain it to everybody who doesn't keep up on these things....

"its supposed to look that way...it's called a modified sprial wrapped spinning offset guide concept" you would just have to explain it to everybody who doesn't keep up on these things....

I thnk that is called the Ass-ed wrap.