Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Butt wraps

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Now that I have my first fancy pants butt wrap under my belt, I'm ready to try another smile.gif

Any recommendations for a long (9-10") wrap for a surf rod that won't take me forever to wrap/pack? wink.gif

Thanks,

gad

Billy and I did a 4 axis "optical chevron" on a HSB 136 4M that morphed into a plaid cwm13.gif

I don't name my rods but but the punster in me is tempted to name this one, "when good wraps turn plaid"

You could try this:

Gadwrap3.jpg

It's not "that" hard. I promise. You got a crapload of spare time anyhow. This only took me 9 hours over 3 days to finish. Stop your bellyaching.

[This message has been edited by Billy 40 (edited 04-11-2003).]

Gads,

Try the nine diamond or snakeskin wrap in the Clemen's book. Using HT Braid really cuts down on the time. I putting a 6" one on my 1321M. It's sweet.

John

Nice wrap ya got there Billy40. I'm dizzy just looking at it cwm12.gif

Just when I think I'm staring to get beyond the bunny slope here, you show us that. icon15.gif

I'm going back to all black.

Nice wrap Billy 40. So what's the layout?

I'm sorry about that. I completely forgot to answer your PM on SB. You wanna see the layout, go check visualwrap.com > Step by Step forum > Creation of a butt wrap. That might help a little.

The Predator Fish is:

>Black +1 down the rod.

>White X2 (band of 2) up the rod, adjacent and left of the black thread,

>Black +1 down the rod, and way left of the first 2 - you will fill the middle in with White thread so you must leave enough room.

>White X1 to the right and adjacent to the previous Black thread.

And I think I sent you the Clemens pattern in the PM:

> Blue cross out,

> Orange box in +1,

> Black outside adjacent Orange Box

Just make sure you leave enough room on the inside for the Orange thread +1 to fit.

Billy40 that wrap is sweet,awesome,pissa,,,You have really awesome skills...Is that pattern in the Clemmens Thread Art book...I really like the way you used mainly one color and a couple to accent.. NICE....big fan here...

Tag - It isn't in the Clemens book, but it sort of is. Look at pattern number 61, then look at the wrap again. Same thing, change teh colors around.

I didn't crreate this pattern, I got it from Cam Clark's wrap book, and from a pattern posted by Tom Wombold.

Erik - just wait, the Eyeball wrap will be in effect as soon as I get these damn guides & tip.