Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
william1

alconite guides

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Ive been fishing for a long time and never have broken a guide . In the past 3 months Ive broken 2 alconite guides???? I have sic giudes on a simular rod and dont have this problem. The ring cracked in both instances.

The guides recommended for tournament casting in Ron Arra's book are the Alconites. The reason being that they have the lightest frame to not restrict the blank's action.

If you want the ultimate then go with the equivalent size guides in the Concept Titanium series. They have a lighter and stronger frame.

If I may add some information.Conoflex is one of the most popular tournament rod and blank builders in the UK where tournament casting is a most serious matter.

Just this year Conoflex has begun to turn out rods using the Fuji Low Rider Guides.

According to Fuji's web site the LR Guides were originally designed to be used on Japanese spinning rods(4.5-5.0 meters)with longcast spinners and braided line.The idea was to design a FRAME that would prevent tip wrapping and wind knots"when casting concentrated mass, aerodynamically efficient lures.

If you go to the Conoflex site www.conoflex.co.uk(I think) you will find that they not only list the rods and blanks but also give you the guide spacing that they use on each rod.

In fact Conoflex will build you a rod to your specs if you're willing to shell-out the $.

A limited # of Conoflex blanks are now available through Merrick's retail distributors.Hope this is of some help.Neil