Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve S

All Star Blanks

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

About 2 years ago I built an 8' rod on an All Star blank (8'XH). I use it for boat fishing and love it, it's very light with just a Penn 965 on it, it's very strong especially considering it's weight and is sensitive when considering it can fish with 12oz. of lead easily. I would like to build another one just like it but I can't seem to find the blanks. The one I built came out of Merrick Tackle but they don't have All Star blanks listed now. Does anyone know if All Star blanks are availible anymore?

All Star was purchased by Sheakspeare and no longer offers blanks for sale. Some leftovers are around. I would recommend looking at the Rainshadow line of blanks, I am sure you will find one extremly close to the model you had from All Star and at much lower cost.

Try tw's in nags head at 252 441 4807 (ask for nick) or hatteras jacks at 252 987 2428. I agree they are excellent blanks. I have the 8' you are probably referring to that I use to throw bucktails at cobia. They also might have the 7' version - I use it for jigging stripers but have bottomfished w/12oz no problem.