Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

cutting an 11ft sglass down for 8 n bait..

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Al,

how have you been??

I have a quick question for ya. one of my 11ft s-glass 132 3m's is not currently being used. it is built spinning. I wanna strip it and make it a chunking rod... question is, the 132 3m is kinda light and probbaly wont be able to throw the weight I want. how far/much should I cut off the tip to make that blank be able to handle 8 and bait??? I know its not Ideal, but its only for chunking and throwing weight and chunks.

Thanks in advance.

dave

Hi BC,

Just dragged my butt in from Montauk. We were really beat up today. Strong winds and 6-8 foot seas south of the Point. No fun. The bluefish were everywhere, fluking was terrible. However, we did well with the stripers on diamond jigs and sea bass on some hard bottom south of the Point.

I would not recommend an S glass blank for 8 and Bait. The walls are too thin and you would be asking for trouble. I know you already have it, but I would for another application.

A more suitable blank is the Lami BSB120-5M.

Hey BC I got a ratty 120 5M conventional and it's one stiff rod. Yer welcome to play with it if ya like. Takes a lot of strength to load it but I think you're big enough to do it.

Steve