Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
al ike

G Loomis rod tip replacement

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have a G-Loomis SUR1267C 10'6" two piece conventional surf rod. It's capable of throw 2-8 oz. Does anyone know if I can replace only the upper section from a SUR1266C rod (capable of throwing 1-4 oz). I just want the option of a softer tip__or do I have to custom make one!? I've written to G-Loomis but they have not responded.

Sorry it cannot be done. The ferrules are different. They are in different places along the blank and different diameters.

The 1266 blank is "alive" compared to the 1267. I use an SUR1266S all the time. It's a pleasure to fish with. icon14.gif

Al - that is a good idea. One rod with different tip section, to handle different weights. I believe this is done on some Bamboo fly rods. I would love to hear any info anyone might have on rods built like this, or if I'm mis-informed.

I have a St. Croix FW rod, which the top 4" broke. Sent it back, recieved a new tip section AND the one that broke. Put a new tip top, and I have just that - 1 rod with 2 applications depending on tip section.

You might be onto something here.