Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Let's see some pictures

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

After seeing the work of others on the Lure Building Board and the FLy Tying Board, I thought it'd be a good idea to do something like that here. I spoke to Tim S and he agreed it would be a good idea, as long as it is not used advertising purposes. I have a few pictures of my work, but I'll start off with only a couple.

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=38804256&Seq

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=38804259&Seq

Hi Billy. The very fine camera work showed off your excellent thread work perfectly. Folks, this is the fine thread work of a realitively new rod builder. I can only try to imagine what treats Billy will have for us in a few years. Keep up the great work Billy and I will go back to wrapping black on black. See you at the Show this weekend. Capt Neil

Verrrrry nice! biggrin.gif

It's probably just an illusion, but, in the second pic, what da heck is that showing thru in in the thread box to the left of the main pattern? It almost looks like a layer of fur wink.gif

That looks like unwrapped blank to me Bill. Those are nice butt wraps. I find real simple wraps more appealing, saves me alot of work huh? Probably why I like the St. Croix tide master's so much ( appearance wise). But they are PERTY wraps. Or is that one of those new mink rods I've heard aboutsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by BassAssasin (edited 02-13-2001).]

That is the rod blank and the flash from the camera. The pictures were taken with a Nikon 990 Coolpix, on the lowest resolution setting. To give you an idea of how high the res is, only 3 pictures fit on a diskette. On the highest resolution setting, no pictures fit on a disk!!

Thank for the compliments Neil. These are 2 of the first 3 rods I built. I posted this picture of the other one about a month ago:

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=37637464&Seq

And Neil, I put this on the blank you gave me at Nassau.

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=40773479&Seq

Here's a few butt wraps that I did on wooden dowels. I sanded down the epoxy on the first one, and then re-coated, so that is why you may see some scratches. On the tie off on the secnd picture, I underwrapped with holographic green thread, then overwrapped with nylon - no CP. The last one is a "monochromatic" look - Ice Blue mettalic on NCP Dk. Blue.

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=40773449&Seq

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=40773440&Seq

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=40773464&Seq

View?u=1447510&a=10897101&p=40773463&Seq

biggrin.gif

Dang Billy !!!!

looks GREAT !!NICE thread wraps !

Can't wait 'till next year...after I get you a supply of aromatic cement thinner !! Your wraps will get even wilder after a few snorts of that eye crossing stuff ! cwm35.gif

I think you & I will be chatting quite a bit in Allentown...I got a Coolpix 950 for Christmas LAST year...haven't gotten it out of the box yet !! You can teach ME !!

[This message has been edited by Harv (edited 02-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Harv (edited 02-16-2001).]