Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XBMX

Quick Grip Availabilty

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Quick Grip (shrink tubing) can be ordered from most local Tackle Shops. As if they deal with a supplier named MERRICK TACKLE, most do. They carry two grades of Quick Grip as well as a textured verity called Shark Skin. Hope this helps.

IS this the stuff AMTAK sells? If so, my friend Greg from Reels and Eels can get it.

I keep haring a lot about this stuff, is there that much interest in it? I guess if there is enough interest I'll give him a call and see how much the stuff costs, you never know you might get a good price if you order enough?

I,m not up on AMTAK products, MERRICK sells only to the Trade, retail prices as follows;

STANDARD: 3/4" $3.50ft Economy: $1.19

1 4.50 1.70

11/4 6.55 ----

11/2 8.70 3.30

Standard is best over cork tape. Economy is nice cut into narrow bands to end cork tape at the reel seat. Sharkskin has a thicker wall, internal heat activated glue and is good for troling butts.

Hope info was of some use.

Shrink wrap sure is getting fancy these days! I've used the economy version of this over fore grips for those that love to "ride the rails" on partyboats. Helps protect that foam. Don't really know about the other more expensive stuff. I'll be more interested when it comes in colors. RT

I'm in the process of finding a source.

I am dealing with a heat shrink supplier that does over a billion dollars a year (no not Merrick tongue.gif ) and after the lab techs checked it out they think it's neoprene shrin tube. If so it's expensive and my cost is nearly $5.00 a foot for the 1.5 I.D. frown.gif Still beats $8.00 a foot icon14.gif

The economy grade is much more cost effective and works just fine providing the surface being covered is in good shape. Wall thickness aprox 20 percent thinner. Use the regular to cover sins. Try this; layer of cork tape, overtop sprial layer ex/course plumbers sandpaper, finish with Quick Grip. Comes out trick.