Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fungus

Guides for a Patriot 1209

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I was considering building a Patriot 1209 up in spinning for jigging and general heavy plugging use.

I was considering using the Fuji Alconite guides but I have no real use information on them. I would appreciate any opinions on these guides. I usually use Hardaloy with a SIC tip but was interested in a change.

Also some opinions on the number and spacing of guides for this blank would be appreciated as well. I plan on using a Daiwa Emblem ZA 5500 on it with 65 lb Tufline XP. The reel will go 22 inches from the butt.

Thanks,

Mark

I'm builing a 1081L with the Alconites. They are super slick as the line pretty much shot out during my test casts. They seem to have the same double foot frame as the Fugi guides used on the factory finished rods. I'm using an Alconite size 12 tip. 40,30,25,20,16,12, 12 Tip. 18" out the back of the seat. 7" to first guide, +1" for each quide that follows. Wish they made single foots in the Alconite. Good luck

They do make single foots in alconite.

I am putting a set on a steelhead blank for about a month now. I don't recall the exact fuji code but it is blag sumthin.

I'm not sure that alconites are the right choice for the rod that nbpt_surf is looking to build.

For a heavy plugging and jigging rod they might not hold up as well as a hardaloy. This opinion is not based on anything other than holding the guide in my hand but they don't seem like they would take as much abuse.