Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Breezy Kid

Rod Wrappers?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Breezy,

If you intend to do several rods, then i would recommend to purchase a Flexcoat hand wrapper that runs approximately $35.

If you want to make a simple and inexpensive one, then just take a large corrugated cardboard carton and cut V notches on both sides of the box. Lay the blank into the V notch and start wrapping.

To keep tension on the thread put the thread spool in a teacup, then run the threadthrough a thick book. To adjust your thread tension just add or reduce the number of books.

Al

Kid if you are going to do more than one make a pair of "V"blocks with plywood, cover the V with felt from the hardware store. I bought a large thimble like they use to tie flies to hold my thread spools

I built my own power wrapper if you need an idea E- mail at junkmansj@yahoo.com or post here on SOL

------------------

<*(((><

Breezy;I have pictures of my machine and rollers as soon as I find the CD I will get them to you. the rollers were made using roller blade wheels! they have ball rearings and worl greatthe stands are made with 1/4" all thread and a wood base cross piece I used a sewing mach. motor and foot pedal [ hello yard sale]chuck is 2" PVC end cap with 3 thumb screws or you can get the parts from a catalog like mudhole.com Pacbay parts Pg 3 .E Mail me with your address

------------------

<*(((><