Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Goldberg

Have a Great Season

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Well everyone, the season has finally started. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully I should be finished building rods by the end of June.

To those of you that built a rod over the winter with some guidance from me, I hope you enjoyed the experience of building it yourself. To Surfpirate and Brian Z, the rabbi really blessed these two sticks. To the rest of the SOL's that participated on the Board, I hope you learned something about rodbuilding. To everyone, may that 50+ lb cow bass be in the near future for you.

Now I am going fishing. Montauk here I come.

Oznovad, I will see you at the Gone Fishing Marina bar.

Tight Lines and sreaming reels to all,

Al

Al,

I forgot to tell you i hit a 34" bass on a darter on that rod last weekend, pretty noble for its first fish. although that rod made it feel like a little rat even in the current. the rods got good mojo!! smile.gif

Thanks for all th tips and advice you give on this board, it is very much appreciated. I wish you many cows and and a nice big welcome mat for your boat...say about 12 or 13lbs smile.gif

Al,

My hat off to you for all of the help you've given to all and to me in particular. I hope that you realize the tremendous service that you have done for all of us that read your board. Personally, my rod building has progressed 3 fold this year due to your help.

I look foward to seeing you in Montauk soon.

I will be headed east in a few hours. If you're headed that way, let me know, the drinks are on me. I hear some good things going on the last few days.

Thanks again,

Phil

PS I would still love the cork tape lesson.

[This message has been edited by Oznavad (edited 05-04-2001).]

Salt,

Absolutely not. I look forward to the forum everyday to see what new challenges will be presented.

I am just suffering from a long winter of withdrawal as well as being a little burnt out finishing these rods. Once I make a few trips out east I will be fine. Then I will be setting up my portable lathe in Montauk for the season in case of emergencies.

To Oznavad, how about one night next week. I will be in the Peconics next Friday and Saturday chasing mojo fluke. I will be in Montauk May 17 & 18, so let me know your schedule.

Have a great weekend.

Al

Whew! That's good news. smile.gif I thought it was back to trial and error on this rod building.

If you get up to RI or MA , let me know. I'd like to fish with you.

Saltheart,

Al's original post had me worried as well.

Al,

Thanks for a great board and for being a great moderator. The knowledge you've shared and your responsiveness have been excellent. Regards, Mark

Al, I'd also like to say thank you. You've gone over and above with your offers to help all that participate here. Enjoy the season!

I was thinking the same thing, no more forum for the season, but I just started doing this.cwm24.gifwink.gif

Al,

Thank you for all your guidence, I have quite an arsenal of rods now and it's getting bigger all the time. What a joy it's been to begin the art of rod wrapping and I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the future. Now go get that 50#er, she's just waiting fer ya to show up.wink.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Thanks and have a GREATseason Al. Your time and effort, especially writing those articles, is appreciatedicon14.gifHappyWave.gif

[This message has been edited by PeterO (edited 05-06-2001).]

Al, You and this BBS is are great resource, keep up your good work and have a great summer! If your down our way stop by, I'll take you out fishing. Tight Lines.....

Tom McNamara

Mud Hole

Al -

Best wishes for you this season. Again, many, many thanks for your highly esteemed advice - I hope at some point in the future I get to line up early enough to have you create a stick for me.

A surf stick blessed by a rabbi, that's the ticket! Hey, wait a minute, should there have been a ceremony for taking a little off the tip of that Lami of mine?

Tight lines

Crafty